W A R N I N G !


W A R N I N G !

This page is full of non-facts and bullsh!t, (just like the internet and especially forums and other blogs), please do not believe entirely without exercising your intellect. Any resemblance to real things in reality is purely coincidental. You are free to interpret/misinterpret the content however you like, most likely for entertainment, but in no case is the text written on this blog the absolute truth. The blog owner and Blogger are not responsible for any misunderstanding of ASCII characters as facts. *cough* As I was saying, you are free to interpret however you like. *cough*

Monday, July 7, 2008

Believe in the power: Part II

Since the cheapo powered USB hub still resulted in some noise (possibly caused by ground loop charging), I decided to see if connecting straight to the Seasonic PSU will be better.

Turned out it was much worse than even the mainboard USB power. The highs are greatly reduced, I could even hear a few complete missing notes in one of my test tracks "Shining Stars Bless". Now that I know how power quality affects the highs, I can't believe just how much shit the computer dumps back onto the power supply.

And so, using computer power for audio is a big fat definite no no.

And sadly, there was a D-Amp that uses computer power supply. Imagine how shytty it would sound, especially when class-D amps are switching amps, and having a lousy switch before it would be... disastrous.

No comments: